Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Top idea needed to go with skirt

This skirt is dark blue wool gabardine. It was the Cynthia Guffey princess seamed skirt pattern and went together quite well.

Ignore the wrinkles, it's been hanging up in a small closet.

I need a top idea. I think it has to be shortish, and have the "look" of a waist as I don't have one. I'm thinking of a fitted princess seamed type of top/blouse. I haven't really looked at patterns yet.

Suggestions are welcome. Click on photo for a larger view.

3 comments:

  1. Comments... the skirt appears too big in the front- skinny minnie. That's just my 2 cents and that's about all it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful skirt, Annette. I didn't take a peek at Jennifer's suggestions for patterns, but, IMHO, I really think any shirt you pair with it, as long as it matches, will look great. Is that a run-on sentence?? :0 Anyhow, when are you going to teach us that CG method for hemming? Is a tutorial in order??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to have the shirt tucked in with a fantastic belt. You're smaller than you think and a belt would give you the waist definition. That blue goes with practically every color. It look like denim in the photo.

    ReplyDelete